Can 1,000 CPM be far behind? We’ll see. Stick with Bob Nichols on “YRTW” on VT, I’ll keep you advised…
Aug 15 to Aug 22, 2015
*Listed in Counts per Minute, a Count is One Radioactive Decay Registered by the Instrument.
All Radiation Counts reported are partial Counts. Uncounted types of radiation include Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Neutron and X-Ray radiation. Uncounted radiation, if added, makes the actual Count higher and more dangerous. The highest radiation reporting city is listed first, the least radioactive city is listed last.
Normal Radiation is 5 to 20 CPM. 
|1306||CPM,||265.2||Times Normal,||Ft Wayne IN||Gamma, Beta.|
|1004||CPM,||201||Times Normal,||Concord, NH||Gamma, Beta.|
|1001||CPM,||200.2||Times Normal,||Champaign, IL||Gamma Only|
|944||CPM,||188.8||Times Normal,||Albuquerque, NM||G&B, Highest Rpt.|
|893||CPM,||178.6||Times Normal,||Billings, MT||Gamma Only.|
|855||CPM,||171||Times Normal,||Bakersfield, CA||G&B, Last report|
|854||CPM,||170.8||Times Normal,||Pittsburgh, PA,||Gamma, Beta.|
|798||CPM,||159.6||Times Normal,||Montgomery, AL.||Gamma, Beta.|
|792||CPM,||158.4||Times Normal,||Little Rock, AR||Gamma, Beta.|
|652||CPM,||130.4||Times Normal,||Tucson, AZ||Gamma, Beta.|
|641||CPM,||128.2||Times Normal,||San Angelo, TX.||Gamma, Beta.|
|634||CPM,||126.8||Times Normal,||Lincoln, NE||Gamma, Beta.|
|607||CPM,||121.4||Times Normal,||Aberdeen, SD.||Gamma Only.|
|575||CPM,||115||Times Normal,||Dallas, TX.||Gamma, Beta.|
|558||CPM,||111.8||Times Normal,||San Diego, CA||Gamma Only|
|543||CPM,||108.6||Times Normal,||Washington, D.C.||Gamma, Beta.|
|531||CPM,||106.2||Times Normal,||Portland, ME||Gamma Only.|
|501||CPM,||100.2||Times Normal,||St. Paul, MN.||G&B, Last report|
|499||CPM,||99.8||Times Normal,||Miami, FL.||Gamma Only.|
|476||CPM,||95.2||Times Normal,||Phoenix, AZ||Gamma, Beta.|
|476||CPM,||95.2||Times Normal,||Tulsa, OK||Gamma Only.|
|451||CPM,||90.2||Times Normal,||Rapid City, SD.||Gamma Only.|
|451||CPM,||90.2||Times Normal,||Kansas City, KA,||Gamma Only.|
|432||CPM,||86.4||Times Normal,||Spokane, WA.||Gamma Only.|
|428||CPM,||85.2||Times Normal,||South Valley, NM||Gamma Only.|
|420||CPM,||84||Times Normal,||Ft. Worth, TX||Gamma, Beta.|
|390||CPM,||78||Times Normal,||Atlanta, GA.||Gamma Only.|
|371||CPM,||74.2||Times Normal,||Indianapolis, IN.||Gamma Only|
|370||CPM,||74||Times Normal,||Boston, MS||Gamma Only.|
|364||CPM,||72.8||Times Normal,||Grand Junction, CO.||Gamma Only|
|323||CPM,||64.6||Times Normal,||New York City||Gamma Only.|
|317||CPM,||63.4||Times Normal,||Chicago, IL||Gamma Only.|
|304||CPM,||60.8||Times Normal,||Los Angeles, CA||Gamma Only.|
|286||CPM,||57.2||Times Normal,||Lubbock, TX||Gamma Only.|
|281||CPM,||56.5||Times Normal,||Des Moines, IA.||Gamma Only.|
|212||CPM,||42.4||Times Normal,||San Francisco, CA.||Gamma Only.|
|159||CPM,||31.8||Times Normal,||Las Vegas, NV.||Gamma Only.|
Edit Button for future reader functions.
Highest Recorded Radioactive City in America this week
A new and familiar Leader this week in the race for the Most Radioactive Weather in America is Bakersfield, CA with 855 CPM. Congratulations to Bakersfield as the Most Radioactive City in America.
The YRTW radioactive cities list is now sorted by CPM, from the Highest CPM to the Lowest CPM.
Isotope Count reporting
These CPM numbers do not represent the real radiation counts in your radiation weather this week. It is actually much higher [or worse] than these government certified partial reports say. Use these report numbers as yourStarting Point in adding up your daily, monthly and annual exposure from your Rad Weather.
Most radiation monitors report on the radioactive presence of Cesium 137 at the detector. YRTW will report on the secrets the Pros use in estimating the actual Total radiation counts. It is not a pretty picture.
The Lethality from a specific release goes up for 35 years; then the Lethality declines slightly and hangs steady for millions of years. Regrettably for all Normal Humans that is many generations. The end result, of course, is extinction. Everybody is included; no one is left out. I know of no variety of Human immune to radiation.
Day One out of the reactor use a Cesium 137/134 multiplier of 150 Times. After 15 days outside the reactor the multiplier is still about 100 times the Cesium Twins.
The second Multiplier is for Rad particles that have been outside the reactor for ten years or more. The Total radiation declines to about Five (5) Times the Cesium level. The Lethality is still increasing though.
Here’s how you can calculate an estimate of your Total Rad today: Use a reported account of your Cesium 137 CPM and Multiply Times 5. Another way to say it is Cs137 X 5.0 = Your Total Radiation Estimate. That’s it. No magic. Just the facts as close as you can calculate it. Good Luck. However, provided Cesium 134 is present you are experiencing a recent radioactive release and all bets are off.
Radiation types commonly measured by radiation monitors include Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Neutron and X-Ray radiation. Only Beta and Gamma are reported by the EPA and here on YRTW. There are also 1,944 other individual Rad elements, only a few are ever mentioned in articles.
In short, the newer disaster’s Cesium 137/134 radiation readings so conveniently echoed by news outlets tell you right away by simple Multiplication how big the disaster really is. Think of it as the insider’s secret code. Multiply away!
How often do radioactive releases occur? The answer is: Radioactive releases occur daily in most reactors.
If you have a lot of money you can buy an Isotope detector that will tell you the name of isotopes it is tuned to detect. They are excellent tools for determining specific Rad elements. More power to you if you can afford one, or a group of you can pony up the Bucks to buy one. In this case knowledge is power. That kind of power can only be bought.
Without it, you have what the Pro-Nukers laughingly refer to in our lives as “A shortened life span.” That means the Pro-nukers are joyfully killing people these 70 years now and have no intention of stopping. I mean, after all, they get rich slaughtering us.
Jeeeez, where is Master Sergeant Woods, 3rd Army Hangman in WWII? We need him to hang these Stainless Steel Psychopaths and their political henchmen.
Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there!
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols and Veterans Today.
Notes and Sources
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of NETC.com, an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
6. Digilert 100 Promotional Flyer pdf, “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.”http://keison.co.uk/seinternational_digilert100.shtml Copyright @ 2015 Keison International Ltd – All Rights Reserved.
7. ENENEWS, August 7th, 2015, US Gov’t: “We don’t know what’s going on” in Pacific — Many ill baby seals being abandoned; Dozens of walruses found dead; Dying whales, birds, fish — “Unprecedented things happening” — Experts: “It’s been a very unusual marine mammal year… I’m really worried, very concerned” (AUDIO) http://enenews.com/govt-dont-whats-going-pacific-dozens-dead-walruses-many-ill-baby-seals-dying-whales-birds-fish-very-unusual-marine-mammal-year-unprecedented-happening-im-really-worried-im-very-concerned