The radiation levels and the Lethality move in opposite directions, the Lethality of the Rad goes UP for 35 years…
Aug 1 to Aug 8, 2015
RADIATION CPM* COMPARISON CITY STATE
*Listed in Counts per Minute, a Count is One Radioactive Decay Registered by the Instrument.
Partial Counts are noted. Uncounted radiation makes the actual Count higher and more dangerous.
Normal Radiation is 5 to 20 CPM. 
- 622 CPM, 124.4 Times Normal, Concord, NH. Gamma and Beta Radiation only.
- 372 CPM, 74.4 Times Normal, Boston, MA. Gamma only.
- 354 CPM, 70.8 Times Normal, New York City, NY. Gamma only.
- 532 CPM, 106.4 Times Normal, Pittsburgh, PA. Gamma and Beta only.
- 562 CPM, 112.4 Times Normal, Raleigh, NC. Gamma only.
- 344 CPM, 68.8 Times Normal, Atlanta, GA. Gamma only.
- 495 CPM, 99 Times Normal, Miami, FL. Gamma only.
- 241 CPM, 48.2 Times Normal, Chicago, IL. Gamma only.
- 407 CPM, 81.4 Times Normal, Ft Wayne, IN. Gamma and Beta only.
- 296 CPM, 59.2 Times Normal, Indianapolis, IN. Gamma only.
- 443 CPM, 88.6 Times Normal, St Paul, MN. Gamma and Beta only.
- 885 CPM, 177 Times Normal, Lincoln, NE. Gamma and Beta only.
- 205 CPM, 41 Times Normal, Des Moines, IA. Gamma only.
- 329 CPM, 65.8 Times Normal, Aberdeen, SD. Gamma only.
- 257 CPM, 51.4 Times Normal, Rapid City, SD. Gamma only.
- 434 CPM, 86.8 Times Normal, Kansas City, KA. Gamma only.
- 491 CPM, 98.2 Times Normal, Tulsa, OK. Gamma only.
- 534 CPM, 106.8 Times Normal, Little Rock, AR. Gamma and Beta only.
- 413 CPM, 82.6 Times Normal, Dallas, TX. Gamma and Beta only.
- 593 CPM, 118.6 Times Normal, San Angelo, TX. Gamma and Beta only.
- 237 CPM, 47.4 Times Normal, Lubbock, TX. Gamma only.
- 452 CPM, 90.4 Times Normal, South Valley, NM. Gamma only.
- 530 CPM, 106 Times Normal, Albuquerque, NM. Gamma and Beta only. Last known report.
- 373 CPM, 74.6 Times Normal, Grand Junction, CO. Gamma only.
- 868 CPM, 173.6 Times Normal, Billings, MT. Gamma only.
- 512 CPM, 102.4 Times Normal, Phoenix, AZ. Gamma and Beta only.
- 690 CPM, 138 Times Normal, Tucson, AZ. Gamma and Beta only.
- 164 CPM, 32.8 Times Normal, Las Vegas, NV. Gamma only.
- 447 CPM, 89.4 Times Normal, San Diego, CA. Gamma only.
- 855 CPM, 171 Times Normal, Bakersfield, CA. Gamma and Beta only. Last known reading.
- 309 CPM, 61.8 Times Normal, Los Angeles, CA. Gamma only.
- 210 CPM, 42 Times Normal, San Francisco, CA. Gamma only.
- 622 CPM, 124.4 Times Normal, Spokane, WA. Gamma only.
Highest Recorded Radioactive City in America this week
A new Leader this week in the race for the Most Radioactive Weather in America is Lincoln, Nebraska with 885 CPM. Congratulations to Lincoln, Nebraska as the Most Radioactive City in America.
The second place win was captured by Billings, Montana this week.
The word “only” is a permanent add to all partial Rad report lines. Right now, all the city lines are partial reports and are therefore reporting Low.
Isotope Count reporting
As Cisco from ENENEWS correctly pointed out last week in the comments to YRTW No 15 all these isotopes readings are wrong – they are universally too low. Cisco was not as blunt; but, he was Correct nonetheless. I agree completely.
These CPM numbers do not represent the actual radiation counts in your radiation weather this week. It is much higher, or worse, than these government certified partial reports say. Use these report numbers as your Starting Point in adding up your daily, monthly and annual exposure from your Rad Weather.
What Cisco wrote:
“If you’re readers are paying attention, these reports are remarkable, because the published radiation counts, single and/or double isotope CPM’s, for those recorded cities/locales are more accurately…100’s/1000’s times more. 90% of those counts published are for one single isotope like Cesium. Since we know Cesium doesn’t travel alone, it is part of an amalgamation and travels in suspension with 100’s/1000’s of other transuranics, plutonium and other equally as deadly actinides, what are the actual CPM’s that are not counted?
Cisco from ENENEWS.com ”
Most radiation monitors report on the radioactive presence of Cesium 137 at the detector. YRTW will report on the secrets the Pros use in estimating the actual Total radiation counts. It is not a pretty picture. Squeamish readers may want to turn to other VeteransToday articles reporting on usual things like wars and people getting blown up by an actual named enemy you can see in pictures.
Turns out there are several numbers to use as multipliers depending on the age of the radioactive release. The first are for radioactive particles freshly released from a reactor. The Total amount of radiation decreases rapidly day by day. At the same time the Lethality goes up for 35 years; then declines slightly and hangs steady for millions of years.
Day One out of the reactor use a Cesium multiplier of 150 Times. After 15 days outside the reactor the multiplier is still about 100 times the Cesium Twins.
The second is for Rad particles that have been outside the reactor for ten years or more. The Total radiation declines to about Five (5) Times the Cesium level. The Lethality is still increasing though.
Radiation types commonly measured by radiation monitors include Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Neutron and X-Ray radiation. Only Beta and Gamma are reported by the EPA and here on YRTW. There are 1,945 other individual Rad elements, only a few are usually mentioned in articles.
For a guesstimate of old reactor catastrophes or explosions use the number Five (5) for your radiation multiplier to get an idea of the total radiation in that old, previous release.
In short, the newer disaster’s Cesium 137 radiation so conveniently echoed by so-called news outlets tell you right away by simple Multiplication how big the disaster really is. Think of it as the insider’s secret code. Multiply away!
How often do radioactive releases occur? The answer is: Radioactive releases occur daily in most reactors.
If you have a lot of money you can buy an Isotope detector that will tell you the name of isotopes it is tuned to detect. They are excellent tools for determining specific Rad elements. More power to you if you can afford one, or a group of you can pony up the Bucks to buy one. In this case knowledge is power. That kind of power can only be bought.
Without it, you have what the Pro-Nukers laughingly refer to in our lives as “A shortened life span.” That means the Pro-nukers are joyfully killing people these 70 years now and have no intention of stopping. I mean, after all, they get rich slaughtering us.
Jeeeez, where is Master Sergeant Woods, 3rd Army Hangman in WWII? We need him to hang these Stainless Steel Psychopaths and their political henchmen.
The PM of Japan say “Smiling people do NOT get radiation poisoning.” Do you Agree?
- No (91%, 393 Votes)
- Yes (9%, 41 Votes)
Total Voters: 434
Have a wonderful radioactive weekend and remember to Dodge the Rads, it’s dangerous out there!
Copyright by Bob Nichols @ 2015. Reproduce and distribute, give full attribution to Bob Nichols.
1. The Radiation charts and graphs of the EPA at http://www2.epa.gov/radnet Don’t skip the “2” in www2.
2. The EPA based reporting of NETC.com, an LLC.
3. * This station’s Radiation equals combined Beta and Gamma Radiation. Note: Not all locations have reporting Beta Radiation Monitors. Gamma Radiation Monitors are functioning at all these locations.
4. “…If you pollute when you DO KNOW there is NO safe dose with respect to causing extra cases of deadly cancers or heritable effects, you are committing premeditated random murder.” – John W. Gofman, Ph.D., M.D. (1918-2007), associate director, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory 1963-1969) — Comments on a Petition for Rulemaking to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, May 21, 1994.
5. CPM. “Although we can’t see it, taste it, smell it or hear it we can measure radiation and observe its effects. One way to measure radiation which the United States Environmental Protection Agency [EPA] has chosen to use on its radiation websites is in Counts Per Minute. Each Count is One Radioactive Decay.” Quote from the ‘Your Radiation, This Week.’” Apr 3, 2015.
6. Digilert 100 Promotional Flyer pdf, “Normal background is 5-20 CPM.” http://keison.co.uk/seinternational_digilert100.shtml Copyright @ 2015 Keison International Ltd – All Rights Reserved.
7. ENENEWS, August 7th, 2015, US Gov’t: “We don’t know what’s going on” in Pacific — Many ill baby seals being abandoned; Dozens of walruses found dead; Dying whales, birds, fish — “Unprecedented things happening” — Experts: “It’s been a very unusual marine mammal year… I’m really worried, very concerned” (AUDIO)